Camp Achieve- Camp Success Summer 2021
July 6th through August 9th
Students from preschool through grade 8 for Camp Achievers
Camp Success for all English as a Second Language students
DON’T MISS THE SUMMER PROGRAM THAT WILL MAINTAIN YOUR CHILD’S SKILLS IN READING WRITING AND MATH
Chester Public Schools presents Camp Achieve, an extended school year program for classified students in Chester and students from area districts from Monday through Thursday. There is no school on Fridays. In addition, we also offer Camp Success for all of our English as a Second Language (ESL) students.
CAMP ACHIEVE OFFERS A PROGRAM THAT WILL FOLLOW AND IMPLEMENT YOUR CHILD’S INDIVIDUAL EDUCATION PROGRAM with our Camp Success program providing an academic program to our ESL students.
Camp Achieve is for students from preschool through grade 8. For preschoolers, the program runs from 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. The K-8 program begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 1:00 p.m.
Camp Success is for all ESL students. The program will begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 1:00 p.m.
STAFF IS HIGHLY QUALIFIED
- The Camp Achieve staff is a veteran staff with many years of teaching experience. All staff members are certified with expertise in teaching any child with special needs. The staff provides a very active, hands-on, multi-sensory approach to learning, using your child’s multiple intelligences. The staff is very enthusiastic, creative, and caring.
- Children will read every day in class with a special emphasis on phonics skills. Teachers are trained in Orton-Gillingham reading methods such as Project Read and Wilson. For our younger campers, reading readiness skills will be reinforced.
- Children will practice writing skills every day with a special emphasis on learning how to organize their thoughts and writing.
- Children in grades 2 through 8 are taught keyboarding skills and how to use reading, writing, and math software. For children in preschool through grade 1, computer time is also provided.
- Children participate in hands-on math activities using a game format and lots of practice reinforcing and applying their math skills. It is our goal to have your child memorize math facts by the end of Camp Achieve.
- Spanish Language Instruction is provided to all Camp Achievers.
SOCIAL SKILLS OUTINGS
- In addition to weekly social skills instruction, students participate in several activities in which they are provided the opportunity to practice their social skills with other students.
SPECIAL EVENTS PLANNED AT CAMP ACHIEVE
Camp Achieve Store– Students run the Camp Achieve store. Campers can go shopping and apply their math skills as they shop.
Dance —A ‘DJ’ comes to Camp Achieve to teach the campers square dancing and line dancing.
Keyboard Olympics– Campers participate in keyboarding contests. They practice their keyboarding skills and receive awards.
Olympics Day– Every camper is a winner at the Olympics. They compete individually or on a team in all kinds of races.
Recess time– Every day for 20 minutes, students participate in a semi-structured physical education time where they learn and practice ball-handling skills, gross-motor skills, how to jump-rope, play games, and team sports.
Geography Bee day– Students apply their map skills in a “Jeopardy” team game.
Camp Achieve Assembly– Students receive awards for their achievements. Parents are invited.
“Mad Scientist”, “Dr. John Puppeteer”, and other enrichment activities are planned for Camp Achieve to enrich our campers’ lives.
Water Activities day– Campers participate in races and activities using water. Campers in grades kindergarten to grade eight go to the pool three to four times during the summer.
Music therapy is provided by Jammin Jen'.
Tuition classified students are welcome. Districts should contact the Director. The program includes the related services of integrated and/or group speech and occupational therapy two times a week at no extra cost. Physical therapy, applied behavior analysis therapy, counseling, and individual sessions of speech and occupational therapy are available and can be provided at an additional cost.
For more information, please contact Dr. Jeanette Mahon Krone
Director of Student Services, Chester Public Schools
250 Rt. 24, Chester, New Jersey, 07930