PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION - DICKERSON SCHOOL
January 7th & 8th
"REACH FOR THE STARS" PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
The program is open to all preschoolers accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis to Chester residents who will be three on or before October 1, 2020. Registration will be held at Dickerson School from 8:45 to 11:00am and from 12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m. Non-Chester residents will be placed on a waiting list and be notified of their acceptance to the program as of March 2, 2020.
Enrollment forms can be picked up at Dickerson School in the main office or downloaded from the
Chester website at www.chester-nj.org. on the left side under "Enrollment Forms PreK-8th" tab.
BENEFITS OF THE PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
- The Preschool program is staffed by Ms. Tara Bagnole and Ms. Kathryn Corcoran who are dual certified as early childhood and students with disabilities teachers. We implement the High Scopes state-approved curriculum and provide additional support to our preschoolers with trained paraprofessionals in our classes.
- Preschoolers participate in age-appropriate Dickerson assemblies, theme days, class parties, and special events.
- Preschoolers enjoy a very special and unique experience attending our program with other preschoolers who have special needs and learn how to be good role models and good friends.
- Preschoolers have the opportunity of making a very smooth transition to kindergarten when they are five because our teachers get to know them and likewise the preschoolers get to know the teachers, other students, and how to navigate the school.
Preschool sessions offered include morning or afternoon sessions and full-day sessions:
- AM Session:
- This session is for 3-year-olds who can attend three mornings a week on
- Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays or five mornings a week from 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- The tuition will be $270.00 per month for three days a week and $430 per month for five mornings a week.
- PM Session:
- This session is for 4-year-olds who attend Monday through Friday from 12:50-3:20 p.m.
- The tuition is $430.00 per month.
- Full-Day Session:
- 8:30-3:20 will be offered - Monday through Friday.
- Tuition will be $860 per month.
- AM Session:
Kindly return the enrollment registration forms on January 7th and 8th to Dickerson School personnel. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Jeanette Krone, Director of Student Services, at 908-879-6004 or by email at Jeanette.Krone@chester-nj.org. A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the first month's tuition is required with all registrations to secure your place in the program, which will be credited to your payment.
Please be aware that transportation is not provided to preschoolers enrolled in this program.